An enchanting setting
The Château de Jonquières is one of the oldest family wine estates in the Languedoc. It is perfectly located; 40km from Montpellier and just a few kilometres from the motorway A75, in the stunning Hérault countryside between Saint Guilhem le Désert and the Lac du Salagou.
François and Isabelle de Cabissole propose four guest rooms in this exceptional setting – classed as a “Monument Historique”*, it offers all the charms you’d expect from an ancient building. You will be delighted by the welcome and tranquillity to be found in this flawlessly maintained dwelling.
Our guest rooms are situated on the second floor of the château, with views over the park and towards the Plâteau du Larzac. Each room is individually decorated, all in a comfortable classical style.
The sitting and dining room, heralded by the family’s coat of arms are on the first floor, where you will be treated to a tasty breakfast of various homemade breads, jams and yoghurts. Guests are invited read or simply relax in the Renaissance courtyard where sun-beds await them in the loggia.
You can enjoy the enormous pool when it’s time to cool down during the summer months.
The impressive 2 hectare park boasts a spring, a bamboo garden and all kinds of Mediterranean trees such as planes, box trees, persimmon trees, hackberries, bays, white oak, olive trees; many of which are a hundred years old!
* Monument Historique: the château has been listed in the Supplementary Inventory of Historical Monuments since 1964 for its exterior Italian Renaissance style architectural elements.
Reasons why your stay will be just perfect
– A setting heaped in history : the Italian Renaissance courtyard
– The magnificent stairway leading to guestrooms on the 2nd floor
– A warm and sunny welcome from your hostess Isabelle
– A peaceful environment
– The château’s authenticity has been carefully preserved : no televisions nor lifts
– Excellent homemade jams and yoghurts, diverse fresh breads
– A charming village and church
– Set in the heart of a major vineyard: les “Terrasses du Larzac”
– Wine-tasting at the end of the day
– A large pool filled from a natural spring
– Restaurants in the neighbouring villages just 2 or 3 km away
– We can greet up to 8 or 10 guests